Selecting the right tent is a critical priority for any good outdoor adventure. With the Best multi-room tent for family camping, you can relax at the end of a long-term vacation trip in the mountains, rest, and recharge for the next adventure.
However, by choosing the wrong tent you might end up squeezing into an uncomfortable night of sleep.
Unluckily, selecting the perfect multi-room tent can be a bit of a challenge. Particularly for people who travel with large groups or who need huge personal space, finding the perfect large multi-room tent is often tricky.
For this reason, we’ve gathered this ultimate buyer’s guide to the best multi-room tent for family camping to help you find the shelter of your dreams.
In fact, a free-standing tent for the modern camper, the Browning Camping Big Horn is a 2 room shelter for any adventure. With sturdy fiberglass poles and steel upright supports, this tent is designed to keep you comfortable, even in foul weather.
In addition, the Big Horn tent contains a wall divider, to allow for maximum privacy and personal space for all of the tent’s occupants. With sufficient center height and re-designed straight sided walls allow everyone to stand up straight.
Additionally, this structure also supports a huge room for your cots, sleeping bags, and inflatable mattresses. Therefore, no one needs to feel crunched for space in the Big Horn tent.
Thanks to its six large windows and a mesh roof, the Big Horn allows for a lot of airflows, providing you maximum ventilation to minimize the risk of condensation.
Moreover, the tent also has two doorways to make it easier to get in and out, which means no need to crawl over anyone to answer the call of nature.
Honestly, if we have to choose something to ding the Big Horn tent on, it will be the rainfly design. Actually, the fly on the Big Horn only covers the mesh roof, leaving the large windows relatively exposed to the elements. As a result, this tent is best used in dry climates.
- Two doors allow for easy entry and exit
- Six large windows and a mesh roof give a lot of ventilation
- Two rooms with a divider offer lots of privacy
- With high center height and straight walls for more living space
- Mesh roof lets in sufficient natural light
- It doesn’t protect well in a storm
- No vestibule or screen porch
The Vango odyssey air 500 is a genuine stylish 2 room tunnel-shaped tent that’s designed to provide you a premium camping experience in any weather conditions.
Moreover, it has an easy set-up, thanks to the connected flysheet and inner tent, which can be pitched together, saving you precious time.
The Vango odyssey is exclusively stable in all weather conditions, providing you with the peace of mind you need to get out and explore.
In addition, with the Protex 70 denier polyester rainfly, the Vango odyssey villa offers an exceptional amount of waterproofing abilities, making it the reliable shelter you want with you on a camping trip.
Luckily, the Vango odyssey even contains a pre-attached front extension that offers plenty of extra living space for the best camping experience.
Due to PVC windows and privacy curtains, this product maximizes natural light, while the darker interior fabric makes it easier to sleep at night.
Overall, the Vango odyssey is a great tent with fantastic features, making it one of the best multi-room tents for family camping in this review.
- Airbeam construction and connected flysheet and inner tent make set up simple
- TBS II technology gives ample stability in high winds
- The large screened porch makes it spacious
- Lights-out interior makes it comfortable in the outdoors
- With clear windows for more natural light
- Little heavy
- Little expensive
With the CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin Tent, you can enjoy all of the comforts of home in the great outdoors. CORE’s famous stress-free set-up technology, the 12 Person Instant Cabin pops up in just 2 minutes by unfolding and extending the pre-attached poles.
After assembled, the CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin has a spacious 18’x10’ layout, as well as zippered privacy panels on both the doors and windows for maximum comfort. In addition, the Instant Cabin has a large double door so you can easily get in and out of the tent.
On the contrary, you can even store your gear in one of the ten’s four hanging storage pockets or the gear loft to clear up space on the floor. For this reason, you can stretch out and relax.
With an 80-inch center height and steep-sided walls, the Instant Cabin supports a huge liveable space, without feeling too cramped.
Undoubtedly, the Instant Cabin’s water-repelling rainfly is removable for those summer camping trips when you want to expose the mesh ceiling for fantastic star gazing opportunities and sufficient ventilation.
Overall, this tent even includes an advanced venting system that has an intake vent built-in to draw in fresh, cool air from the ground while allowing hot air to rise up through the ceiling.
In addition, perfect for a large family that wants a lot of space to hang out in their tent, the CORE 12 Person Instant Cabin brings all the luxuries of home on your next camping trip.
- Easy, quick, and efficient two minutes set up
- Advanced ventilation system with mesh roof keeps things cool inside
- The double door makes it easy to enter and exit
- Removable room dividers and zippered privacy panels for privacy
- No porch or vestibule for exterior living space
- Actually, rainfly doesn’t cover the whole tent, so it’s not great for foul weather
- White interior fabric can be cruel in the morning
Built particularly with the active family in mind, the Ozark Trail 14 Person 4 room base camp tent is the ultimate home away from home. With sufficient space for fourteen campers tucked into their cozy sleeping bags or five queen-sized airbeds, the Ozark Trail Base Camp 14 is ideal for even the largest of groups.
While many large multi room tents suffer from an extensive setup process, the Ozark Trail Base Camp 14 can be ready in just under 20 minutes when you have an extra helping hands.
Additionally, this tent has an amazing ventilation system, with four large doors and 12 massive windows. In addition, with its mesh room, the Base Camp 14 also supports some pretty spectacular stargazing on those clear nights.
In fact, the Base Camp 14’s straight wall construction and stretched center height make it easy to walk around the tent without feeling cramped in the shelters’ 235 square feet of living space. You can even customize its layout with the help of Ozark Trail’s sewn-in center zip room dividers.
In this same way, these dividers let you convert the single large living area into up to four separate rooms.
Additionally, with four doors, everyone can easily enter and exit the tent without having to jump over their tent mates. It also contains an ePort so you can easily connect an extension cord to all of your gadgets while you sit in the tent.
On the other hand, with a raised gear loft and two gear hammocks, it’s easy to store all of your gear in the Base Camp 14 so that it’s out of the way of your living space.
With all of these included great features, it’s hard to think that you can find a better multi room tent than the Ozark Trail Base Camp 14.
- Can customize the layout to accommodate up to four different rooms
- With four doors it allows for easy access in and out of the tent
- 12 windows and mesh room provide proper ventilation
- Gear loft and gear hammock make gear storage simple
- Can accommodate up to 14 sleeping bags or 5 queen mattresses
- It is very heavy
- Set up takes time and needs two people
- Rainfly only covers the roof
When you want to have all the luxuries of a cabin without immolating your quality time in the great outdoors, the Ozark Trail 20 Person Cabin Tent just for you.
This massive tent can fit up to twenty people in their sleeping bags, or an amazing six queen-sized airbeds, making it the perfect shelter for your large group camping trip.
In fact, the Cabin Tent has three entrance doors so everyone can easily enter and exit without having to crawl around their friends at night. Additionally, three removable room dividers help you customize the Cabin Tent to perfectly suit required.
With the ability to turn this huge tent into a four-room cabin, you can make sure everyone has the privacy they need while you’re enjoying time in the outdoors. On the contrary, with two gear hammocks and four advantageous pockets, it’s even easy to keep everybody’s gear organized to maximize your living space in the Cabin Tent.
Undoubtedly, an attached mud mat at the entrance helps reduce the amount of dirt that gets tracked into the tent, too. Eight large windows and a mesh roof allow for a lot of ventilation on those hot summer days.
Overall, a large bathtub-style floor with taped seams and bound fabric means this tent will keep your gear dry, even on wet ground.
- Can create up to four rooms with room dividers
- Three doors make it easy to enter and exit of the tent
- Gear hammocks and pockets keep gear methodized
- With mud mat at the entrance to reduce dirt in the tent
- High 83” center height for maximum comfortability
- Takes 20 minutes or more to set up
- Very heavy to carry
- Fly doesn’t cover the whole tent, therefore there are some waterproofing concerns
How to Buy the Best Multi-room Family Tent
Finding the best multi room tent for family camping trips needs is no walk in the park. Thanks to so many different options to choose from, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Therefore, to help you out, here are some of the top things to consider when buying a multi room camping tent.
The convenience and inconvenience of multi room tents
Multi-room tents have become more and more common among outdoor lovers, with their plentiful space and ease of use. But, like all good pieces of gear, multi room tents have their advantages and disadvantages. Here are a few below,
Benefits of using a multi room tent
The prime benefit of a multi-room tent is, quite simply, the divided rooms. These divided rooms allow:
- Since, the different people in your camping group to go to bed at different times, this lets everybody maintain their own unique routine for a more comfortable and personalized camping experience.
- Everyone to keep their gear more methodized. Thanks to multiple rooms, people have more space to organize their belongings, helping to avoid the mess of gear that generally occurs while camping.
- Perfect privacy for everyone. The multiple rooms provide huge amounts of privacy, which can be important and beneficial for older children and adults. This is perfectly important if you’re camping with another family.
- Finally, if a multi room tent starts leaking, you’ll probably be able to move to another room and avoid getting wet.
Disadvantages of using a multi room tent
While multi room tents are awesome, however, they do have some important inconveniences that we have to note before you head out.
Generally, multi room tents tend to be relatively unstable in the wind. Their high profile, which makes them act like a bit of sail when a storm rolls in.
These tents are usually very heavy. All of those rooms allow a lot of materials, which means a heavy tent to lug around. So, these tents aren’t really practical for backpacking, only car camping.
Moreover, the highest quality multi room tents are often incredibly expensive. However, you usually get what you pay for when it comes to tents, so this extra cost just might be worth it.
Multi room tents often not simple to set up. Usually, multi room tents are easier to pitch with multiple people, but when you are camping with a lot of young children, you might have a hard time finding someone to help you.
Verdict on Multi-Room Family Tent
At the end of our contribution, you’re only going to take one multi room tent with you on your next camping trip, so it’s significant to pick the right one. If we want to recommend just one of the best multi room tents in this review, we’d have to go with the Browning Camping Big Horn Tent.